User, Worker, Owner! Building equitable ownership in tech
DATE / TIME
May 22, 2019 - May 22, 2019
05:30 PM - 08:30 PM
How might users and workers keep the value we produce? How can we share in the benefits of ownership – power, wealth, and better tech? Come be a part of our gathering on May 22, 2019 Who's coming:
- We’re a group of people building more equitable ownership models that unite users, workers, and owners, and an ecosystem to sustain them.
- This event is for people developing a product in a startup or enterprise; offering services independently or in a collective; and organizing to improve the industry.
- The talks and workshops feature teams building equitable ownership in a new accelerator called Start.coop, including a patient-owned health research platform, a data tool by & for rideshare drivers, an affordable housing construction co-op, and more. It also features speakers who have experience in land trusts, cooperatives, and allied efforts.
- Attendees will get ideas, connections, and resources necessary to build equitable ownership.
- You'll come away with lessons on equitable ownership models for any group or project, at any stage or scale.
- 5:00pm - Doors open
- 5:30pm - Welcome and opening
- 5:40pm - Talks about equitable ownership
- 6:00pm - Very delicious food and drinks for everyone
- 6:15pm - Pitches for breakout groups around projects
- 6:30pm - Featured workshop on shifting to equitable ownership
- 8:00pm - Takeaways from breakouts, workshops, and the whole event
- 8:20pm - Dessert, surprises, and closing
- To get more involved in this event and ecosystem, fill in this form!