A brief overview on activites of the collaborative economy going on in Vienna. This is a first contribution in this blog and basically it is just sketching out what is already here. The list is by far not showing everything going on in Vienna, but gives a rough first impression what kind of collaborative economic activites are going on. Enjoy and feel welcome to give feedback or add to the list.
What is going on here in Vienna. (the following is in no special order, and by far not the full spectrum)
– The city has an excellent bike-sharing system (guess you know that) Vienna Citybike (sometimes claims to have been the first one worldwide, maybe was with the first 5 ones) https://www.citybikewien.at/ If on android, I would recommend that app for getting an overview strawling the city: https://play.google.com/store/
– Carsharing is popping up in the last 3 years, especially with car2go | https://www.car2go.com/de/
– Professional Private Carsharing is still in its infancy, but professional and growing fast https://carsharing247.com/
– From one foodcoop in 2010 the field was/is growing fast to now coming close to 10. https://foodcoops.at/ (you find the vienna foodcoops on the right side of the side)
– I personally started "Zukunftsbibliothek Wien" "Future Library Vienna", www.zukunftsbibliothek.org a library Initiative, that is now entering its next phase of growth and permanent beta. It is private books on sustainability, entrepreneurship, personal development, collaboration, … in a public library. The online-catalogue got finished in its first setup last week. feel free to browse, quite some books are in english, https://katalog.
We are still building up our funding base (crowd- and donor-funding), to finance the space and minor payment for staff. Apart from the inside and membership rental concept of the library, we also follow a concept of spreading good books out in the world with stickers as "use instead of own" "Nutzen statt besitzen".
Currently we are applying for moving in a shared space with many other initiatives, a 2500 m2 building close to the city center. https://www.paradocks.at/
Just recently, there was a small conference on giving, sharing and collaborating: https://mosaikderoriginale.com/
Please also have a look at the international effort we currently undertake: Mapping Alternative Economy.