Events that might be of interest to the shareable community:
- On November 18, Aspiration is hosting the 2009 Nonprofit Software Development Summit in San Francisco, which I’m told will be a state-of-the-art overview of how to use technology to help create social change.
- On November 19, 6:30-9:30 PM, Shareable.net will be co-sponsoring an Abundance League talk and discussion with pioneer social change strategist Harald Katzmair, at Citizen Space in San Francisco.
- On December 5 in Los Angeles, Good magazine is hosting LA 2.0, which invites urban thinkers and practitioners to create "a list of the top five catalytic strategies to improve the physical urban environment of Los Angeles.
- The Studio for Urban Projects in San Francisco is hosting Planting the City: Urban Farming on December 9, 2009, 7 PM.
- Last and least, I continue to give talks in the Bay Area in support of my book on shared parenting. At noon on December 1, I’ll read and discuss The Daddy Shift at the University of California, San Francisco, Center for Gender Equity.
And here’s something going on right now that’s not in California: A group of social change leaders are gathering at the Blue Mountain Center in upstate New York to discuss "The Applied Commons: Exploring Commons-Based Solutions to Pressing Social Problems." Nonprofit development divas Kim Klein and Stephanie Roth are posting daily updates on the discussions at their blog–well worth a read.
You can learn more about them all by clicking on the links. Want Shareable.net to mention your event? Shoot me an email at jeremy (at) shareable.net.