Since the Dobbs decision was passed last year, we’ve continued to see the right wing’s assault on legal abortion and bodily autonomy escalate. Most recently through a ruling by a Trump-appointed, anti-abortion Federal Judge in Texas that intends to revoke the FDA’s approval of the abortion pill mifepristone — part of a 2-part medicinal cocktail used in self-managed abortions — the most common form of abortion in the United States.
This ruling is perhaps the most outrageous ruling since Dobbs, and in this episode, we’ll explore the attacks from the right on legal abortion and their implications more broadly. We also explore what self-managed abortions are, everything you need to know about how they work and where you can access abortion pills, and we also explore what a broader framework of reproductive justice looks like and how we can get there.
For this episode of The Response Podcast, we’ve brought on Breya Johnson, an abortion doula, reproductive justice organizer, writer, curator, and the Deputy Director of Organizing at Girls for Gender Equity.
- Breya Johnson on Twitter and Instagram
- Find your local abortion fund: Abortion Funds
- Abortion Pills: Plan C Pills, Just the Pill, Aid Access
- The Response’s 2-part audio documentary on abortion: Abortion access and reproductive justice in a post-roe landscape
- Host, producer, and editor: Robert Raymond
- Executive producer: Tom Llewellyn
- Theme Music: “Meet you on the other side” by Cultivate Beats
Make sure to follow The Response on Twitter and Instagram and listen and subscribe with the app of your choice.
For a full list of episodes and resources to strengthen and organize your community, visit www.theresponsepodcast.org.
Download our free ebook: “The Response: Building Collective Resilience in the Wake of Disasters”