On today’s episode of The Response Podcast, we brought on Mohamed Shehk, Campaigns Director for Critical Resistance and member of the Arab Resource and Organizing Center here in the San Francisco Bay Area.
In this conversation, we talk about some of the recent actions taking place to support the struggle for Palestinian liberation, including recent #BlocktheBoat actions aimed at stopping military cargo intended for Israel from leaving docks in Oakland and Tacoma. We talk about the role of direct action in our movements, the horrific situation in Palestine, and some of the ways you can get involved.
“Direct Action for Palestine with Mohamed Shehk” is Robert’s last interview with The Response! You can follow him and his work at Upstream.
- Critical Resistance
- Arab Resource and Organizing Center
- The Palestinian Youth Movement
- US Campaign for Palestinian Human Rights
- Palestine Legal
- Our episode with Pedro Mancilla of the International Longshore and Warehouse Union (ILWU) and Anchor Brewery: Labor Battles and the Beer Industry
- For more on police abolition check out our episode: Mutual aid and police accountability with Tha Hood Squad
- Upstream’s episode: Palestine Pt. 1 with Sumaya Awad
- Hosted, produced, and edited by Robert Raymond
- Co-produced by Tom Llewellyn
- Theme Music by Cultivate Beats
Follow The Response on Twitter and Instagram for updates, memes, and more. Our entire catalog of documentaries and interviews can be found at theresponsepodcast.org — or wherever you get your podcasts.
The Response is published by Shareable.
Available anywhere you get your podcasts, including: