Social Media Week kicks off on September 24, with over 600 events in 14 cities around the world—90% of which are free to attend. This iteration of the biannual event will take place in: Barcelona, Berlin, Bogotá, Chicago, Glasgow, Hong Kong, Jeddah, London, Los Angeles, São Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Torino and Vancouver. In addition to a wide range of workshops, activities and conversations on emerging trends in social and mobile media, here are twelve events that may be of interest to Shareable readers:
- Roundtable: Collaborative Consumption in Spain, panelists from Airbnb, BlaBlaCar, Consumo Collaborativo, Grownies, OuiShare, and Social Car – Barcelona, September 10
- Sharing Economy-Social Change, one of three sharing economy events in Seoul, with this one focusing on the practical value and utility of the sharing economy in the wake of the recession – Seoul, September 24
- Sharing and the Sustainability of Creative Communities, about sharing digital works between individuals for culture and public expression – Torino, September 24
- The Social Impact of Airbnb – Barcelona, September 25
- Crowdfunding for Film – Berlin, September 25
- Crowdfunding, Do’s and Don’ts, the current state of global crowdfunding, including key points for launching a crowdfunding campaign – Barcelona, September 25
- Coworking Why It’s Good for Start-Ups – Berlin, September 26
- Collaborative Consumption, hosted by Joel Dullroy of Deskwanted – Berlin, September 26
- Sitting at the Cool Kids Table: How Collaborative Workspaces Are Transforming the Way We Work, a roundtable discussion with L.A. coworking spaces – Los Angeles, September 26
- Prepare to Share But Be Aware, about sharing ideas among businesses – Glasgow, September 27
- The Sharing Economy, hosted by The People Who Share as a way to regroup after their successful National Sharing Day in June – London, September 27
- Freeformers ‘Hack’ Coffee Shop, Freeformers will transform a coffee shop into a hack space with four tech jam sessions – London, September 28
This bonus event doesn’t have much to do with the sharing economy, but it does sound like fun: I Wanna Dance with Somebody…In Chicago! It's a coordinated multi-city dance off with DJs and dancers in Chicago and Berlin, September 26.
Check out the events and sign up soon! Registration opened a week ago and spaces are filling up quickly. And if you can't attend in person, you can follow the event hashtag (#SMW12) on social media, naturally.
Rate this article
- A Case of Global Coworking Serendipity
- A Coworkers Guide to Slaying Procrastination
- Fear and Loathing in the Coworking Space
- What if Lena Dunham Coworked?
- Can Trust Systems Build a New Economy From Ruin?
- My Year of Coworking
- Adam Werbach Launches yerdle on Black Friday with 10,000 Free Items
- Loosecubes & The World Wide Coworking Web
- The Future of Coworking is Free and Augmented
- Spacehive Crowdfunds Public Spaces