We’ve had an eventful year at Shareable. In 2018, we published more than 200 solutions-based stories. We distributed more than 5,000 copies of our latest book, “Sharing Cities: Activating the Urban Commons.” To get the word out, we crowdsourced a global book tour, which resulted in 50 book talks. And we launched “The Response,” a powerful podcast about communities come together to rebuild after natural disasters. As 2018 comes to an end, we‘d like to share the top 10 pieces of the year. We look forward to bringing you even more inspiring stories in 2019 about how people are uplifting their communities by sharing resources of all kinds.
1. Why ‘urban villages’ are on the rise around the world
2. Blockchain as a force for good: How this technology could transform the sharing economy
3. 10 blockchain projects to keep an eye on
5. Incredible Edible Todmorden gives free access to locally grown food to everyone
6. These 4 cohousing projects are creating thriving communities
7. 5 shared living ideas to counter rising housing costs
8. In Vancouver, shipping containers are the new tool libraries
9. How the East Bay Permanent Real Estate Cooperative is pioneering a model for equitable housing
10. Little Italian villages show the way to a cooperative economy
Shareable is a reader-supported organization. If you enjoy our work, please consider making a tax-deductible donation.