How much has your daily routine and overall life changed since the time prior to the COVID-19 pandemic? As a global community, there’s been a dramatic shift over the past year, not just in our day-to-day operations and decision-making, but also how society has shifted within the areas of mutual aid, climate activism, vaccine production, racial justice, police accountability and more.
Here at Shareable, we’ve been documenting the many ways people have come to one another’s aid over the past year in what we’ve called, The People’s COVID-19 Response. We’re seeing more folks come together to create all kinds of mutual aid groups. In fact, we created a resource on how to create a mutual aid network.
If you’re not on Apple podcasts, listen to the entire conversation here, and also check out our mutual aid and COVID-19 resource guides:
- How to set up a mutual aid fund
- How to start a mutual aid network during a pandemic
- Mutual aid disaster relief: The Response podcast (live)
- The Resilience We Want: A process guide to creating a hub for local resilience & mutual aid
- 20 ways Shareable readers are helping during the pandemic
- Lessons from the First Wave: Resilience in the age of COVID-19 (free ebook)