As you know, here at Shareable we believe passionately in sharing and the commons, and recognize that sharing is also an important emerging industry. It’s critical for the future of the environment, the way we mobilize and socialize – ultimately, the way we live and function together as a society.
It’s also an industry that we don’t know much about yet. That’s why we're excited about the launch of What’s Mine Is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption by Rachel Botsman and Roo Rogers, a new book that charts a powerful groundswell called "Collaborative Consumption" – traditional sharing, bartering, lending, trading, renting, gifting, and swapping redefined through technology and peer communities – that is transforming business, consumerism, and the way we live.
From enormous marketplaces such as eBay and Craigslist to emerging sectors such as peer- to-peer lending (Zopa), and car sharing (Zipcar), Collaborative Consumption is reinventing business and not only what we consume but how we consume. You can learn more about the book here.
We have teamed up with Collaborative Consumption to give you the chance to win a copy of this important book before its release on September 14th, and reinvent the way book reviews are done.
This is your chance to review the book in a spectacularly creative way– in text, video, still photography, song, drawing, a Haiku, or whatever way you think will knock our socks off. The more creative, unexpected, and shareable your idea for the book review, the better.
If we like your idea, you’ll get a free copy of the book and your review will be showcased on the front page of Shareable.net.
Reinvent the way book reviews are done using What’s Mine Is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption as your medium.
- Send an e-mail to reviewbook@
collaborativeconsumption.comwith a summary of how you want to review the book. Put "COLLABORATIVE CONSUMPTION REVIEW" in the subject line.
- Get really imaginative! Just remember, we have to be able to showcase it on the Shareable.net so we are afraid augmented reality is out for now.
- We can accept your submissions until Friday, August 27th, 5.00pm Pacific time.
- If you are one of the three reviewers selected, we will let you know by email & ship you a copy of What’s Mine Is Yours for review right away.
- We will need you to send us your review by September 9th.
- The three selected reviews will be featured on Shareable.net on September 13th.
Start your creative engines!
Thank you and good luck from the Shareable & Collaborative Consumption team