The new sharing economy recognizes that we each have a pivotal role to play in creating a world that encourages creativity, innovation, and a more free, open, and participatory culture. By being shareable in your every day life, you can lead a life that is better for the environment, wallet friendly, and that allows you to contribute to the new sharing economy - the engine of the free culture movement. And the best part? It’s super easy - chances are, you’re already doing it! If you’ve ever shared a car ride, lent someone a book, made a mix tape, or traded clothing, you’re part of the sharing economy.
Want to learn more or take it a step further?
Awesome. We’re here to help.
Check out these posts on how you can share with others and in your everyday life:
6 Simple things you can do today to make your life more Shareable
Hold a pop up swap market where everything is free!
Got an hour? Give and get skills (like guitar lessons or computer help) for free.
How to make shared housing work after college.
Here’s how to lean important skills that are not always offered as part of a traditional education
To learn more about things you can do to get your campus and community sharing, check out:
For a crash course on all things sharing, check out
Want to help make your campus or community more shareable? Let us know! We’re here to help.
Rate this article
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling Without Money
- How to Start a Repair Café
- How to Make a Party Box to Share with Neighbors
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- Is Living in Your Car a Viable Way to Save Money?
- The Sharing Economy Back to School Survival Guide
- "Shift Change": Doc on People-Centered Business
- Share this Book! The Free Version of Share or Die
- Getting Hip to Brooklyn Sharing Culture
- Shareable's Best Alternative Vacation Ideas