Shareable friend David Bollier was interviewed at the International Commons Conference (ICC) in Berlin two months ago along with a selection of commons leaders. In these just released videos, he and others give their perspective on this nascent global movement. As I noted in my summary of the conference, the ICC was unique in that it was the first time that digital and physical commoners gathered to find common cause.
I love David's modesty. He calls himself a student in the video. That's true, but he's also an inspiring teacher. You can see videos of the many leaders interviewed here (in multiple languages, naturally) brought to you by the Remix the Commons multimedia storytelling project.
In January, award-winning journalist Chris Cook will be traveling to Hyderabad, India to cover the International Association for the Study of the Commons' annual conference for Shareable. There we hope to learn more about the emerging commons movement.
Rate this article
- Interviewed: David Harvey on Rebel Cities
- The Commons as a Transformative Vision
- A Report from the Economics and the Commons Conference
- Crowdfunding Dinner Bridges Campus-Community Divide
- Kicking off a Year of Open Source Everything
- Is Social Entrepreneurship the Rich Saving the Poor?
- Kids Swap Books for Literacy at Drake U Relays
- Translating Tactical Urbanism: An Interview with Javier Vergara Petrescu
- Adam Werbach Launches yerdle on Black Friday with 10,000 Free Items
- How to Rebuild the City as a Platform