If this is your first dance, then welcome to our weekly links post where we find the most click-worthy shareable news from around the web and bring it to you. If you've been here before, then get in here already.
If you happen to be in central Massachusetts on the 23rd, make sure to stop by the Making A Green Solidarity Economy Conference in Worcester.
From Fast Company, an infographic that explains what your house and possessions look like on collaborative consumption.
Have you ever wished someone would come and read you a bedtime story, even though you may have graduated past nightlights? Artist Madhu Kaza understands, and if you're in New York, you can sign up for her to do just that.
If you're in Baltimore this weekend, then judging by the ground when I've gone, you're probably already attending Artscape. And if you are, make sure to check out the large DIY section.
And another event in Baltimore this weekend - though this one extends to DC - the Indie Lit City Summit. Hang out with the best of the Mid-Atlantic underground literary scene.
You make a product, people buy it and hack it. What's a profit hungry corporate monster to do? Take credit!
In the heat there's sometimes a temptation, but that's no excuse for the price. But now it's finally here: The DIY Frappuccino (and for $.32 a cup!)
- And finally, a project I'm thinking of taking on myself: A DIY bar stool. That's the best I've found, but if any of the readers knows of a better plan, help me out.
Rate this article
- Events Calendar
- This Week in Sharing: Creative Destruction!
- Turkey Puts DIY Twist on Clothing Swap
- Hacking the Commons: How to Start a Hackerspace
- Have Your Cake & Eat Someone Else's Too!
- Can Trust Systems Build a New Economy From Ruin?
- Loosecubes & The World Wide Coworking Web
- Travel Redefined by the Sharing Economy
- The Top 10 New Books about the Sharing Economy
- 12 Ways to Adopt the Sharing Economy This Holiday!