Piles of unread magazines falling to the floor and tormenting you? Why not share them?
Shareble.net is co-sponsoring the first ever celebration of Magazine Day, a nationwide holiday dedicated to magazines and catching up on the ones you haven't read yet. On the afternoon of February 27, Booksmith in San Francisco will convert itself into a giant magazine reading room. Bring your own unread mags, share them with others when you're done with them, and pick over Booksmith's magazine racks with impunity (but without coffee stains...).
At 6 PM, we’ll convene a group of magazine publishers and aficionados to talk about the state of magazine publishing today. Joining moderator and local writer Kevin Smokler will be Derek Powazek (Fray), Jen Angel (formerly of Clamor), Jeremy Adam Smith (editor of the digital Shareble.net, former senior editor of the print Greater Good), and Andrew Leland (managing editor of The Believer).
Five bucks gets you an all-afternoon reading pass, Philz coffee and yummy snacks, and take-home mags from the communal already-read pile. And more: presentations and giveaways by local magazine publishers and discussion groups will happen throughout the day. Tickets are available at Brown Paper Tickets or 800-838-3006 and in the store.
And don't miss the monthly Booksmith Book Swap in March!
Location: The Booksmith 1644 Haight Street San Francisco, California 94117
Rate this article
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- Crowdfunding Dinner Bridges Campus-Community Divide
- Join Us July 27 to Help Shape Shareable's Future
- Shareable’s Community Helps to Shape Its Future
- Is Social Entrepreneurship the Rich Saving the Poor?
- How to Rebuild the City as a Platform
- The Commons as a Transformative Vision
- Wikicare: 5 Leading UK-based P2P Healthcare Initiatives
- Mais Oui, We Share
- Join an Online Meeting to Help Shape Shareable’s Future