Here my friend Leif Utne explains how the composting system works for the 30 households of Winslow Cohousing on Bainbridge Island near Seattle, Washington where he lives. It's definitely not the only way to do it, but it seems like a simple, easy to replicate system. And gotta love Leif's American Gothic stance with the pitchfork in the opening shot! That's composting with style. Thanks for sharing Leif.
Any other examples of community composting systems you know about? Please share in comments.
Rate this article
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling Without Money
- How to Start a Repair Café
- How to Make a Party Box to Share with Neighbors
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- Is Living in Your Car a Viable Way to Save Money?
- The Sharing Economy Back to School Survival Guide
- "Shift Change": Doc on People-Centered Business
- Share this Book! The Free Version of Share or Die
- Getting Hip to Brooklyn Sharing Culture
- Shareable's Best Alternative Vacation Ideas