The best conferences are inspiring, educational and entertaining. But it has to be a balance of those three elements. It can be challenging to sit still through an entire day of educational speakers and inspiration loses its kick when played back-to-back-to-back. The entertainment aspect, when done properly, is the Spiderman of conferences: it shows up when you least expect it, does a bunch of cool stuff and then disappears, leaving attendees smiling and shaking their heads.
At this GEL Conference, the audience was expecting a talk about a new social media platform. What they got was a full-throated, musical celebration of social media and a chance to laugh at themselves.
Rate this article
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling Without Money
- 9 Ways to Kick Off a Shareable 2013
- Adam Werbach Launches yerdle on Black Friday with 10,000 Free Items
- How to Make a Party Box to Share with Neighbors
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- Is Living in Your Car a Viable Way to Save Money?
- How I Saved $17,000 in One Year By Sharing
- Live Aloha in Your Neighborhood (or Making Friends with Mangos)
- "Shift Change": Doc on People-Centered Business
- How to Host a Great Sharing Event