Here is our first link roundup of 2011, we hope you enjoy. And make it a minor resolution for the new year to comment with your own link every week, hard to imagine one that's easier to keep!
- Check out this collection of upcycled furniture – old materials made cooler than they ever were.
- Car sharing company Zipcar picks up more speed but delays the decision to buy the Spanish company Avancar.
- A new study out of the University of Wisconsin says biking earns the state $1.5 billion each year.
- Delaware start-up Modular Carpet Recycling claims a new way to recycle nylon and pull out oil.
- From Grist, "Seven New Year's resolutions to make your neighborhood a better place."
- The best peer-to-peer books of last year (and a few from the year before).
- Sheril Kirshenbaum, author of The Science of Kissing, argues no dating site can compete with a kiss.
- Urban design heretic RIck Harrison urges a departure from the architect clergy and their suburban commandments.
- British author Jeanette Winterson wonders if social networking prevents us from being "alone without being lonely."