What is going on here in Vienna. (the following is in no special order, and by far not the full spectrum)
- The city has an excellent bike-sharing system (guess you know that) Vienna Citybike (sometimes claims to have been the first one worldwide, maybe was with the first 5 ones) http://www.citybikewien.at/ If on android, I would recommend that app for getting an overview strawling the city: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jak.citybike
- Carsharing is popping up in the last 3 years, especially with car2go | https://www.car2go.com/de/wien/ and not as successful, but still established, Zipcar: http://www.carsharing.at/de/pub/index.cfm
- Professional Private Carsharing is still in its infancy, but professional and growing fast https://carsharing247.com/
- From one foodcoop in 2010 the field was/is growing fast to now coming close to 10. http://foodcoops.at/ (you find the vienna foodcoops on the right side of the side)
- I personally started "Zukunftsbibliothek Wien" "Future Library Vienna", www.zukunftsbibliothek.org a library Initiative, that is now entering its next phase of growth and permanent beta. It is private books on sustainability, entrepreneurship, personal development, collaboration, ... in a public library. The online-catalogue got finished in its first setup last week. feel free to browse, quite some books are in english, http://katalog.zukunftsbibliothek.at/ in total it si currently about 1200 in the catalogue, and we have a total stock of 3500 excellent books.
We are still building up our funding base (crowd- and donor-funding), to finance the space and minor payment for staff. Apart from the inside and membership rental concept of the library, we also follow a concept of spreading good books out in the world with stickers as "use instead of own" "Nutzen statt besitzen".
Currently we are applying for moving in a shared space with many other initiatives, a 2500 m2 building close to the city center. http://www.paradocks.at/onorthodox/ The place is really interesting, as it will be a collaborative melting pot of very different initiatives from design to sustainability to art, architecture and production. It was made possible with help of the city of vienna and other advocates to get the estate company to join in for the idea. The place will be available till end 2015. It is not free, but the conditions are favorable.
Just recently, there was a small conference on giving, sharing and collaborating: http://mosaikderoriginale.com/stb.html
Please also have a look at the international effort we currently undertake: Mapping Alternative Economy.