Imagine a community-owned place that organizes and celebrates the objects, stories, and artwork that’s most important to you and your neighbors. Imagine a vibrant, social place where you can explore these objects with friends and strangers, learning more about yourself and each other through them.
Rate this article
Nina Simon is an independent exhibit designer and researcher who focuses on making cultural institutions more dynamic, audience-driven places. Want to learn more about innovative ways that visitors are collaborating with cultural institutions? Then check out Nina's book The Participatory Museum, which showcases design techniques for audience participation in libraries, art institutions, science centers, history museums, and more. It's a practical guide to participation, packed with international case studies and strategies that can be implemented in any organization seeking new ways to connect with customers or audiences.
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling Without Money
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- Is Living in Your Car a Viable Way to Save Money?
- "Shift Change": Doc on People-Centered Business
- 6 Online Services Making Food More Shareable
- Share this Book! The Free Version of Share or Die
- Getting Hip to Brooklyn Sharing Culture
- Shareable's Best Alternative Vacation Ideas
- Kicking off a Year of Open Source Everything
- How to Start a Repair Café