As we near the end of the seventh week of the Share Or Die Storytelling Contest, here are some highlighted stories that have been submitted over the past three weeks:
By using both Zimride and RelayRides for a trip to visit her father, Christa Keizer was able to meet three new friends and make $90 in her story "Two Kinds of Collaborative Consumption are Better Than One".
Marie Ullens’s story tells how she uses her Local Exchange Trading System (LETS) in Belgium to have all kinds of positive experiences.
As a participant in the public TV series "Roadtrip Nation," Megan Doyle is sharing an RV with four other roadtrippers, and also shares personal stories with the inspiring people she interviews, as she explains in her story "Share The Road".
In "The Lost Moonlight Stories", Zoneziwoh Mbondgulo looks at her and others’ experiences of storytelling in Cameroon and how those experiences promoted an inclusive society.
In "The Uniiverse of Abundance", Jaclyn Klein tells how she rented out her unused drill on Uniiverse and discovered a world of abundance.
"A Small Gesture Changes a Life", by Rod Rylander, illustrates how the small, wordless act of picking up a soda can influenced another person’s life.
"One Summer Day", a story from childhood by Alena Kirillova, recounts how she battled weeds in her grandmother’s yard in order to grow melons.
- In "The Widow by the Beach", Debbie followed the guidance she heard from god to take care of an elderly woman who would otherwise have needed to move into a nursing home.
Take a moment to read some of the entries received so far, and leave a comment and vote for stories that inspire or delight you.
There are only two weeks left, so enter the contest by telling your story of sharing today! Let’s tell our story together and help push the movement forward, while earning a chance to win up to $1,000 for your favorite sharing service or nonprofit.
Rate this article
- Tell Your Story of Sharing & Catalyze the Movement
- How to Make Better Decisions Together
- Communities Self-insure for Cooperative Healthcare
- Stories of Sharing - Week One
- Join Us July 27 to Help Shape Shareable's Future
- Intentional Eco-Communities: An Interview with Filippo Bozotti
- I Got Better: Sharing Mental Illness
- Shareable’s Community Helps to Shape Its Future
- Turkey Puts DIY Twist on Clothing Swap
- Stories of Sharing - Week Nine