Do you want to change the economy from the bottom up? Are you currently a student activist? This internship may be your dream job.
Shareable Magazine is seeking interns to develop sharing economy projects on campuses in Detroit, Ann Arbor and Chicago starting this semester. Interns will develop project proposals, organize project-related events with other students, form a campus club, host regular student meetings, participate in regular mentoring conference calls, and write about the project for Shareable Magazine.
Applicants should be current or recent students interested in economic transformation, community-building, social justice and/or sustainability. Some experience with community and event organizing, as well as writing preferred.
- Mentoring with leaders in the solidarity and sharing economy and access to a wide network of experts.
- The opportunity to develop your own creative project in collaboration with your mentor, learn project development, community organizing, and journalistic writing, and to get published on the leading online magazine about the sharing economy.
- The internship stipend is $400 per month for 40 hours of a work per month for three to four months. Stipend may be slightly less or more depending on weekly time commitment. Hours and length of internship are somewhat flexible.
- Your project may be available for a mini-grant.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send to Mira Luna, mira (at) shareable.net:
- Cover letter may include why you are interested in this project, your college, major, related experience, what organizations you are currently involved in, and number of hours and length of internship availability
- Writing sample and if available, organizing collateral you've produced (flyers, event announcements, etc.)
Don't miss a Shareable thing!
Get Shareable in your inbox once a week