The wait is over: Shareable's first book Share or Die: Voices of the Get Lost Generation in the Age of Crisis is now available for immediate purchase at Amazon and fine brick-and-mortar bookstores throughout North America. You asked and we (eventually) delivered it in paperback and for Kindle and iPad (and it's expanded from our prior PDF version). So pick up your own copy and tell us what you think!
Until then, don't forget to enter our Share or Die Storytelling Contest, and take a look at what some very smart people are saying about the book:
"I wish I'd read this book when I graduated. I wouldn't have been less lost, but the beautiful voices, stories and experiences in these pages would have helped me understand that, before I could find myself, I had to lose myself first. If you know someone who dreams of something bigger than being part of the rat race, please give them this book."
- Raj Patel, author of The Value of Nothing
"Herein lies the real lesson of the Internet. It may not be the one that marketers and investors want to hear, but it's the key to understanding the way people and businesses will be interacting in the peer-to-peer, digital reality. It's also at the heart of the current renaissance - an overturning of the scarcity-based, highly centralized systems that have been in place since the 1300's, and a rebirth of the values that make human society work."
- Douglas Rushkoff, author of Program or Be Programmed
"If you're a well-meaning, well-educated, generous person, and you can feel yourself being cornered and hammered relentlessly by a faceless, wicked, out-of-control economy, then Share or Die is the book for you."
-Bruce Sterling, futurist, award winning science fiction author, journalist, and Wired blogger
"Smart, funny, irreverent, resourceful, committed, visionary - these terms come to mind as you read the passionate voices of the first net-native generation. Share or Die not only depicts and explains the daunting challenges facing young people today, it delivers some very good news: A monsoon of creative, positive energies is already shaping a better future."
Rate this article
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling Without Money
- Tell Your Story of Sharing & Catalyze the Movement
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- And the Winners Are…
- Is Living in Your Car a Viable Way to Save Money?
- Live Aloha in Your Neighborhood (or Making Friends with Mangos)
- "Shift Change": Doc on People-Centered Business
- Share this Book! The Free Version of Share or Die
- Getting Hip to Brooklyn Sharing Culture
- Shareable's Best Alternative Vacation Ideas