Hayes Valley Farm and the Bay Area Community Exchange (BACE) Timebank are hosting an urban Homestead Skillshare Festival on Saturday, May 26, 2012 in San Francisco. The festival will share sustainable living and self-sufficiency skills, with an emphasis on reaching low-income people and youth. The organizers are using timebank hours to create the festival and attendees have the option to pay with dollars or timebank hours.
The two-dozen workshop topics include: bike machines, solar ovens, composting, urban gardening, DIY green cleaning, wine-making, bee-keeping, backyard livestock, candle-making and more. There will also be music, food, and Spanish translation at the event.
Sign up on the Festival's Eventbrite page.
Shareable is a media sponsor of this event.
Rate this article
- Events Calendar
- Students Challenged to Rethink Materialism
- Shareable Australia Launch Wrap-up
- Free Event: Share or Die Lunchtime Discussion!
- Make Art Out of Trash This Holiday With a SkillShare
- A Life of Abundance Without Money
- How to Host a Great Sharing Event
- FarmHack: Collaboratively Retooling Agriculture
- 10 Festivals that Can Change Your Life
- Collaborative Chats Recap: Stuff-Sharing: Where's the Traction?