Shareable is a nonprofit online magazine dedicated to promoting sharing as an empowering lifestyle and effective social change strategy. We engage in research and promotion of innovations that help citizens share as part of our work. With our partner Latitude Research, we recently launched a survey on the new sharing economy.
We hope to discuss the results of the survey at the SXSW Interactive conference next March in a panel entitled, The New Sharing Economy. And identify the obstacles and opportunities to creating a way of life based on sharing supported by innovative businesses.
Acceptance of our panel counts partly on popular support in a voting system managed by SXSW's PanelPicker system. If you support our cause, please vote for our panel at this link (persevere dear friend, you will have to register to vote!):
And share the below message on your social media of choice (will fit in a Twitter update):
Please vote for Shareable's SXSW panel on The Sharing Economy: http://bit.ly/bq9rV5 Panel will share info to help sharing startups grow
I hope you'll support this important work. We believe that sharing is one of the best ways to enjoy life and overcome the economic and environmental challenges we face.
Here's the esteemed panelist that will be joining me at SXSW:
- Micki Krimmel, founder and CEO of Neighborgoods.net, a service that enables neighbors to share their stuff.
- John Zimmer, co-founder and COO of Zimride.com, a leading ridesharing service.
- Rachel Botsman, author of "What's Mine is Yours: The Rise of Collaborative Consumption" and a consultant in the sharing industry.
- Aaron Freed, founder and CEO of Divvy.com, a service that allows you to create your own sharing service for just about anything including houses, planes, cars, and much more.
- Kim Gaskins, Director of Content Development at Latitude Research and producer of the first ever (we think) Sharing Industry Survey.
Teaser image credit: SXSW
Rate this article
- Events Calendar
- A Case of Global Coworking Serendipity
- Fear and Loathing in the Coworking Space
- What if Lena Dunham Coworked?
- A Coworkers Guide to Slaying Procrastination
- My Year of Coworking
- Coworking in the Ancient Town of Matera, Italy
- Coworking Grows Quickly in Australia
- From Green New Deal to New Economy
- How to Earn $1000s as a Micro-entrepreneur Starting Now