Bringing us one step closer to transparency in government, the Sunlight Foundation recently launched Open States, a site to help citizens track what's happening in their state legislatures. A database of activities from all state capitols, Open States allows you to keep tabs on what lawmakers are doing, review their votes, search for legislation and follow bills. You can also receive notifications of actions, check out campaign finance records, gather news articles and more. This is a step in the right direction for citizen engagement, political accountability and open government.
Rate this article
- How to Rebuild the City as a Platform
- Crowdfunding Dinner Bridges Campus-Community Divide
- Open Data Emerges as a Global Movement
- Is Social Entrepreneurship the Rich Saving the Poor?
- Getting Cities to Share Their Data, Not Sell It
- 7 Ways To Reinvent Your City, Burning Man Style
- Civics, Sweat, and Open Data: A Recipe for the Future of Government
- Hacking Like We Give A Damn
- Why Open Education Matters Names Contest Winners
- Can Civic Crowdfunding Kickstart Urban Innovation?