Marissa Muller is riding 1,000 miles on a solar-powered electric bike. Her mission: "to start thinking, brainstorming and creating ways to make our community more energy efficient and a little bit cleaner." Along the way, she's stopping at California high schools "to start a dialogue, stir up thought and curiosity, and begin a wave of climate-positive actions."
I learned about Marissa's shareable journey from her brother Erik, whose work as one of the Fruit Guys is also worth mention on Shareable. Marissa just got her Masters in Business Administration from the IESE Business School in Barcelona, Spain. "I plan to use this month journey to reflect on my MBA experience, see my own backyard, breath the California air, connect with high school students and tomorrow’s clean thinkers, and Spin it Green," she writes on her blog, where you can share your own ideas about sustainability. Here's a video about her gear and her mission:
Rate this article
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling Without Money
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- Is Living in Your Car a Viable Way to Save Money?
- "Shift Change": Doc on People-Centered Business
- Share this Book! The Free Version of Share or Die
- Getting Hip to Brooklyn Sharing Culture
- Shareable's Best Alternative Vacation Ideas
- Kicking off a Year of Open Source Everything
- How to Start a Repair Café
- Travel Redefined by the Sharing Economy