In this talk at the 2011 Personal Democracy Forum, startup founder and grassroots activist Jim Gilliam speaks about his born-again Christian upbringing, and his crisis of faith after a battle with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and the death of his mother. Through this crucible he emerged with a refound faith—in what people are capable of accomplishing when they work together and raise one another up. In this moving video, Gilliam speaks about the network of activists and supporters he built online, and the redemptive power of community and human decency.
Via Yes Magazine
Rate this article
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling Without Money
- Communities Self-insure for Cooperative Healthcare
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- How to Make Better Decisions Together
- Hurricane Sandy Survivors Demonstrate Power Of Sharing
- Mesh2013: Socialstructing the Sharing Economy
- Pick Up and Play: a DIY Guide to Building Community Through Music
- Make Art Out of Trash This Holiday With a SkillShare
- Is Living in Your Car a Viable Way to Save Money?
- "Shift Change": Doc on People-Centered Business