"Sharing really is going to save the world!" declares Janelle Orsi, author of The Sharing Solution, noting that it's fun, doesn't require special skills -- and we can start now. She and Jennifer Kassan co-founded the Sustainable Economies Law Center to help people formalize collaborative structures like producer cooperatives, cohousing developments and tool lending libraries. They're working to reduce the hurdles to investing in locally-owned and locally-controlled enterprises. No wonder law students are excited to intern with them!
Rate this article
- Crowdfunding Dinner Bridges Campus-Community Divide
- Is Social Entrepreneurship the Rich Saving the Poor?
- How to Rebuild the City as a Platform
- Open States: Bringing More Transparency to Government [Video]
- Why Open Education Matters Names Contest Winners
- The Commons as a Transformative Vision
- Coworking As An Evolutionary Tool [Video]
- Wikicare: 5 Leading UK-based P2P Healthcare Initiatives
- Mais Oui, We Share
- Sharing Economy Law: Outdated Rules Create Opportunity