In another fantastic example, the Center for a New American Dream is hosting a Community Solar 101 webinar on Wednesday, January 23. Though the session is free, it does require registration. Topics are set to cover solar cooperatives, bulk purchasing, group net metering, and more.
Solar panels can power communities. Learn how! Photo credit: Abi Skipp. Used under Creative Commons license.
- Anya Schoolman - Executive Director, Community Power Network. Schoolman founded the Mount Pleasant Solar Cooperative, and she has assisted more than 70 homeowners in Washington, DC in going solar.
- Dan Conant - Solar Community Organizer, SunCommon. Conant's successful projects include founding and directing the Arlington Solar Raisers program in Virginia, and organizing hundreds of Vermont families to go solar, together, through the VPIRG Solar Communities program.
Webinar: Community Solar 101
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Time: 2 pm - 3 pm Eastern (11 am - 12 pm Pacific)
Note: If you miss the webinar, the recording will be available to view starting January 28. Have questions? Please e-mail New Dream.
Rate this article
- Hacking the Commons: How to Start a Hackerspace
- 5 Burning Man Projects Changing the Real World
- Open Tech Forever Challenges Proprietary Innovation
- All Too Present: An Interview with Doug Rushkoff
- Nine Fine Notions from Resilient Communities
- Diaspora: A New Beginning or a Crowdfunding Cautionary Tale?
- The Sharing Economy Comes of Age at SXSW 2013
- Let’s Collaborate on Open Source Hardware Design
- Astronauts, Sharing, and The Overview Effect
- Making it Happen at Maker Faire