Shareable and the Institute for the Future invite you to a provocative lunch-time talk on August 15th about Gen Y facilitated by Neal Gorenflo and Milicent Johnson, contributors to Share or Die: Voices of the Get Lost Generation in the Age of Crisis, a new anthology about Gen Y published by their nonprofit, Shareable Magazine, and New Society Publishers.
Today’s young adults face the worst of times and the best of times. The convergence of multiple crises has placed an unprecedented burden on this generation. Simultaneously, new tools and ways of organizing life outside of the Fordist grid have emerged giving young adults the chance to remake everyday life and society dramatically for the better.
However, most young adults only see the end of the dominant story about what constitutes the good life and not the beginnings of a new and potentially better story. Share or Die is a call to action to close the gap between what is and what can be.
The authors will engage you in a lively discussion about the state of Gen Y, how they might reshape society in the future, and how the young voices in Share or Die express their situation. If you’re a young adult or want to understand more about how Gen Y will shape the future, this is a must attend discussion.
The Institute for the Future is hosting the talk at their downtown Palo Alto headquarters and will provide lunch. There will be a book signing after the talk. We hope you'll join us!
Rate this article
- Events Calendar
- Share this Book! The Free Version of Share or Die
- The Ultimate Guide to Traveling Without Money
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- Shareable Australia Launch Wrap-up
- Is Living in Your Car a Viable Way to Save Money?
- "Shift Change": Doc on People-Centered Business
- How to Host a Great Sharing Event
- Getting Hip to Brooklyn Sharing Culture
- 10 Festivals that Can Change Your Life