Do you want to hold a sharing event or attend one in your community? When we listened to our readers this summer, that was the number one message from the focus groups and survey we conducted.
We'd like to confirm that this need is real by gauging readers' interest before we invest resources to build an events network.
If you want Shareable to do this, please click on this button now:
Here’s what we’re thinking the events network would look like. If you’re interested in hosting events, you’d have access to:
- Sponsorship in the form of small seed grants and / or promotion by Shareable to our 50,000 monthly readers
- Advice and online resources to help you organize your event
- A place to list and promote your event to thousands of Shareable readers
If you’re interested in attending events and meeting other sharers, you’d be able to find and attend all kinds of sharing events near you created by other sharers:
- Gift circles
- Meetups & gatherings
- Swaps & share exchanges
- Conferences & panel discussions
- Classes & workshops
- Book clubs
- Happy hours
- Shared meals
- Neighborhood events
- Whatever else the community wants to create
Does this interest you? If there's sufficient interest, we’ll go ahead with plans to launch this in 2013. If not, we’ll have to take this idea back to the drawing board.
Everyone who signs up will receive an invitation to join and preview the events network before it launches publicly, will have a chance to give feedback as it's developed, and will help the service to be successful. Sign up today, and ask your friends and colleagues to join too.
Please let us know what you like or dislike about this idea in the comments, and share any suggestions for what would make it better for you.
Rate this article
- Events Calendar
- Join Us July 27 to Help Shape Shareable's Future
- How to Make Better Decisions Together
- Communities Self-insure for Cooperative Healthcare
- Shareable’s Community Helps to Shape Its Future
- Tell Your Story of Sharing & Catalyze the Movement
- Help Us Improve Shareable (Takes 2 Minutes)
- Intentional Eco-Communities: An Interview with Filippo Bozotti
- Join an Online Meeting to Help Shape Shareable’s Future
- Turkey Puts DIY Twist on Clothing Swap